Jyothi Nivas Public School, is a Co-educational Institution established and administered by the congregation of the Ursulines of Mary Immaculate, founded in 1649 in Italy, by Blessed Mother Brigida Morello who dedicated her life in directing and educating the youth.
The school started in 1993 follows the Syllabus of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. The medium of instruction is English for classes from K G to Senior Secondary. It is an un-aided minority institution based on religion and preference will be given to Christians in admissions and appointments.
The school presented the First batch for the All India Secondary Education Examination in 1999 and has been maintaining 100% result ever since. The First batch of Senior Secondary (10+2) appeared for the Board Exam in March 2004 and have proved their excellence.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
We, Ursulines believe that an essential need of our country is a community of persons with deep faith, sound knowledge, intellectual and emotional maturity and moral integrity; persons able and willing to render generous service to the fellowmen and build up a truly human society. It is therefore to the formation of such a community of persons that we commit our educational institution.
The main objectives of this institution therefore are:
· To mould pupils into spiritually oriented, intellectually well informed, physically fit, and emotionally well-balanced persons with social consciousness who will be able to face life and its challenges.
· To help the students to develop the qualities of co-operation and service so as to make them responsible, useful and worthy citizens of Mother India, who will stand for truth, justice, love and peace.
· To educate the pupils in high ideals of humanism and unselfish service to their fellow beings.
· To value and judiciously use their freedom.
· To be clear and firm on principles, and courageous in action.
· To become agents of social change.